Friday, September 11, 2009

This is the Moment (지금 이 순간)

This is the Moment" is my favorite song from the musical Jekyll and Hyde. The song was interpreted by a lot of singers such as Anthony Warlow, Rob Evan, Jack Wagner, and even David Hasselhoff. The musical also had a korean staging starting in 2004 with Jo Seung-woo and Ryu Jung-han in the lead.

If you have the time to watch the korean version of the song on youtube, aside from Jo Seung-woo and Ryu Jung-han, you might also want to check the version of Im Tae-kyung.

Here's the lyrics (english and korean) of the song just in case you would like to practice your vocal prowess. For those who would like to practice reading in korean, you might want to try singing with it. 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiX2Wgo7hg

This is the moment, this is the day.
when i send all my doubts and demons on their way.
Every endeavour I have made ever, is coming into play, is here and now today.
This is the moment, this is the time.
When the momentum and the moment are in rhyme.
Give me this moment, this precious chance. I’ll gather up my past & make some sense at last.
This is the moment when all I’ve done.
All of the dreaming, scheming and screaming become one!
This is the day, See it sparkle and shine, when all I’ve lived for becomes mine.
For all these years, I've faced the world alone,
And now the time has come to prove to them I've made it on my own.
This is the moment. My final test.
Destiny beckoned, I never reckoned, Second Best.
I won't look down, I must not fall. This is the moment, The sweetest moment of them all
This is the moment. Damn all the odds. This day, or never, I'll sit forever with the gods.
When I look back, I will always recall, Moment for moment, This was the moment,
The greatest moment of them all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jCRYD-7EkQ

지금 이 순간 지금 여기 간절히 바라고 원했던 이 순간
나만의 꿈이 나만의 소원 이뤄질지 몰라 여기 바로 오늘
지금 이 순간 지금 여기 말로는 뭐라 할 수 없는 이 순간
참아온 나날 힘겹던 날 다 사라져간다 연기처럼 멀리
지금 이 순간 마법처럼 날 묶어왔던 사슬을 벗어 던진다
지금 내겐 확신만 있을뿐 남은 건 이젠 승리뿐
그 많았던 비난과 고난을 떨치고 일어서 세상으로 부딪쳐 맞설 뿐
지금 이 순간 내 모든 걸 내 육신마저 내 영혼마저 다 걸고
던지리라 바치리라 애타게 찾던 절실한 소원을 위해
지금 이 순간 나만의 길 당신이 나를 버리고 저주하여도
내 마음속 깊이 간직한 꿈 간절한 기도 절실한 기도
신이여 허락하소서

This would be a nice piece to try at your favorite noraebang. Happy singing!!!




12 comments:

Unknown said...

i love this song too

Anonymous said...

Lovely post. Have a nice day!

p/s: We would like to invite all of you to join our blogging community which helps you to get more visitors to your blogs. It's totally free and you get the chance to meet other celebrity bloggers. Visit us at Social Blogger Community

Sogamgong said...

I have a question, Are you Korean?
In "Korean Blog List", you are knowned foreigners ... but.. your post look like Korean.. :)

kobe_bear said...

i'm not korean

jherbie said...

I really love this song and i like to sing it but I cant coz i cant read korean characters and im not korean. Im a fanatic of korean drama and songs. So Im hoping I could have a lyrics of this song in korean version but in english chracters so that i could read it. i hope somebody could do it for me...if anyone could do it please send it my e-mail jherbie_abainza05@yahoo.com... Im begging I really want this song.. I hope I could sing it when i have my guesting I will sing it well and i will dedicate it to someone who can translate it please anyone do me a favour......thanks....

kobe_bear said...

chigeum i sungan chigeum yeogi
kanchalhi parago wonhaetdeon i sungan
namanui kkumi namanui sowon
iruchilchi molla yeogi paro oneul

chigeum i sungan chigeum yeogi
malloneun mwora hal su eopneun i sungan
ch'amaeun nanal himkyeopdeon nal da sarachyeonda yeongich'eoreon molla

chigeum i sungan mapeopch'eoreom nal mukkeowottdeon saseuleul peoseo teonchinda

chigeum naeken hwasinman isseulbbun nameun geon ichen seungribbun
ku manhattdeon pinankwa konaneul tteolch'igo ileoseo sesangeuro puditch'eo matseol bbun

chigeum i sungan nae modeun keol nae yuksinmajeo nae yeongheunmajeo da keolko
deonchirira pach'irira aetake ch'achdeon chalshilhan suwoneul wihae
chigeum i sungan namanui kil tangsini laleul peorigo cheochuhayeodo
nae maeumsuk kippi kanchikhan kkeum kancheolhan kido chalshilhan kido
shiniyeo heorakhasiseo

I hope this will help you.

Anonymous said...

You re so right about Im TaeKyung!!It's a so beautiful song and i found about it when i saw the korean drama "The musical"..Thanks for the lyrics/hangul too!!

Unknown said...

ohhhh i see.... korean version of erik santos' song... i didn't notice that jo jung suk sang this song in korean version... i watched your face sounds familiar (philippines) then sam concepcion impersonated erik santos and sang this song... yesterday, i noticed that this song is very familiar in one of jo jung suk's song so i played his song again and i found out that this was the korean version of erik santos...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

It seems this song is very long but now I found this song, I first to listen when this song cover by soe in guk eps 13 in korean drama story King Shop Louie

Unknown said...

i LOVE JI JUNG SOOK SUCH A GIFTED MAN...



FROM NANCY....Philippines

Unknown said...

I like this song but I don't know how to download it the audio version especially
Please does anyone know how to