Friday, June 26, 2009

What is your favorite korean dish?


For me, it has to be ojing-o bokum ((오징어볶음) , a spicy sauté of squid with julienne vegetables of carrots , onions, and mushrooms.

I first tried this dish about two years ago, when I invited my friends to lunch at a Korean restaurant. Aside from ordering the more common korean dish such as bibimbap, samgyeopsal, and galbi, which i order almost everytime i eat in a korean restaurant, the waiter suggested ojing-o bokum. Knowing a few korean words, i remembered that ojing-o is squid, so i tried it.

The dish was quite spicy, as most korean dishes are, thanks to the gochujang, but it was a hearty experience for me and my stomach.

Since then, whenever i eat in a korean restaurant, ojingo bokum is always present at my table.

How about you, what's your favorite korean dish?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

i might try it sometime

Chelle said...

any idea what's on a korean pizza?

kobe_bear said...

they actually call it buchimgae (i guess that's what's written in the menu). the one i eat would usually have zucchini, shrimps, onions, bell pepper, squid. and then you dip it in soy sauce.

beng said...

i've tried it, too spicy!!!

james said...

so that's what they call that spicy squid... thanks

charlie said...

my favorite korean dish is galbi

kathleen said...

my favorite dish is kimchi stew, but i don't know its korean name. i just remember they call it kimchi stew

kobe_bear said...

kimchi stew is called kimchi jjiggae